If you are thinking about creating a Hotmail account but don’t have any idea on how to do it, then you’ve come to the right place. Here, we’ll be talking about how to create an account in Hotmail in easy steps and common mistakes to ignore while signing up.
But if you already have an account and want to learn the login steps then check out my other blog for the detail learning.
Hotmail sign up
First of all, signing up for Hotmail is simple thing to do and it has become easier in compared to its previous version. In other words, Hotmail has changed its login page and as well as the sign up process. Hence, it is easier to sign up now as many things are optional and there’s no limit on some options as well.
Now, moving on. Here’s the simple steps to be followed in order to create an account in Hotmail.
- Firstly, as discussed in the login steps, you need to go to the official site i.e. Hotmail.com or outlook.com (both site will land you on the same page). Now, from this page select “Create account” that is located at the top of the page. Previously, as you type in the site name, you’ll be redirected to the login page where you can directly fill in the login credentials and get signed up.
- Now, you’ll be redirected to the sign up page. Previously you’ll be required to fill the registration form in a single page. But now, you need to do one at a time. So here, first of all, choose your username and as well as sub domain of your email i.e. @Hotmail or @outlook.com. There’s one thing to be noted here. That is, the username you choose must be unique. You cannot continue to the next step as long as the username you choose is unique. Therefore, if you want the same name in your email address but it’s not unique then you can add some numbers to make it so.
- Now, click on continue and choose or create your password. Previously, you need to include some special symbols and numbers and as well as caps in your password. If you don’t include any one of those, you are not allowed to continue. But now, you can choose the password as your wish. But make sure to choose the strong yet easy to remember password.
- Click on NEXT.
- Now, you need to enter your first and last name in the box.
- Choose your country and as well as date of birth.
- Now comes the important part. You need to enter your mobile number for the security purpose. This step used to be optional but as of now, it’s compulsory. So, choose your country code first then add your mobile number. But remember, you need to verify the number by the code they send it to that number. Therefore, make sure you enter your own mobile number.
- As you’ve entered the number successfully, click on “Send Code” button. This will allow the Hotmail team to send the verification code to the number you’ve entered.
- Now you need to enter the code that is sent to your number.
- Finally, you have successfully created an account in Hotmail.
So these are the simple steps to follow to create an account in Hotmail.